Saturday, March 16, 2013

High Altitude Cookies.

So now that I have been living in the mountains for quite a few years, I can finally say that I have learned how to bake at high altitude!!! It is quite a feat, trust me!! After many many trials and tribulations, I have perfected the 8,150 ft. chocolate chip cookie! These are by far the most delicious chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted, and I have tasted a lot!! I am so excited to share this recipe with all of you!!
(And don't worry you low landers, at the bottom I have included the adjustments for you!)


Here is what you'll need:
2 1/2 cups all purpouse flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 C (2 sticks) butter
2/3 C granulated sugar
2/3 C brown sugar (light or dark)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbs Vanilla
2 large eggs
1 2/3 C Dark Chocolate Chips
1 C dry oats
2tsp water
You can add some nuts if you are feeling particularly frisky

* If you are at regular altitude, omit the water, decrease flour to 2 1/4 C, & increase both sugars to 3/4 C.

Here is What You Do:
1) Preheat the oven to 375.
2) Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a small bowl.
Add the water and mix into the dry ingredients.
3) In another, slightly larger bowl, beat the sugar, brown sugar and butter.
Add eggs one by one.
Add vanilla.
4) Gradually combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
5) Fold the chocolate chips and oatmeal (and nuts) into the dough until it is well combined

I use a 1in ice cream scooper and place the cookies 2 in apart on a greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Grab a glass of ice cold milk and enjoy these bad boys!! YUMMMMMM!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment